Russia Scandal -- Predictions about its impact on the future of the GOP in 2018

• Another development: Mueller’s team is also investigating whether Russia laundered money through the NRA – yes, the National Rifle Association – to help Trump.

His team is looking at Alexander Torshin, the deputy governor of Russia’s central bank, who is known for his close relationships with both Russian President Vladimir Putin and the NRA.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article195231139.html

If you’re a little slow on this politics stuff, or if you’re an NRA member and don’t want to see the problem with this, let’s be clear: It is illegal to use foreign money to influence federal elections. This is what Mueller is investigating. The article notes that the NRA spent $30 million to support Trump, with most of that coming from a wing of the NRA that is not legally required to disclose donors.

• @jammyjaybird Yeah, I read the whole article and the link to Opensecrets. Big deal, it’s an investigation already, not a conviction and even if it is proven the evil Russians (let’s just ignore the whole Uranium One / Rosatom deal…NOT!) managed to funnel money into the NRA “to help Trump” (not that they had any reason to, read my previous post…with comprehension), that doesn’t mean the NRA had any reason to believe it came from Russia. You really are eaten up with this thing aren’t you? Mueller has spent millions and what, a year and a half, and all he’s come up with so far is Manafort (a long standing and well known scumbag) and Flynn who got nailed for lying to the FBI? Well at least he came up with something… Now the whole thing was pretty stupid on Flynn’s part, since he had to have known, or at least strongly suspected, that the FBI had all of his communications recorded for review. Do you think for one minute the Intelligence Community wasn’t harvesting all the data on Trump they could get? Hell, they’re openly hostile to him and were using FISA! If you don’t understand that you are delusional.

Every phone call, e-mail, text, etc. in the US is harvested, thank you Edward Snowden for letting us know. So now Mueller has a bought witness who’s testimony under duress will lack much if any credibility if he doesn’t have any proof. The one thing I find really difficult to believe is the arrogance of these morons thinking they can talk to the FBI without getting tripped up and “lying”. This is similar to what happened to Martha Stewart. If anything, this whole shit show should convince the rest of us never to talk to the police, the FBI or any other government investigating body. People need to learn that not only do they have the right to remain silent, they need to use it! SMH

• @jammyjaybird THE NRA!!! OOOOOOOOOOO! Another boogeyman!!!

• @boothe Small point of fact: It’s not public record yet, but Michael Flynn is guilty of a hell of a lot more than lying to the FBI. (For instance, agreeing to illegally remove a Muslim cleric from the US to deliver to Turkish president Erdogan in return for 15 million euros.) No, the FBI merely let him cop to the small-fry stuff in return for his high-level cooperation. Flynn and his son were both looking at charges of treason–punishable by execution–unless he started singing about Trump. And so he did.

Now we can infer that McGahn, Priebus, and Bannon are flipping on him too, though I don’t know if they’re looking at the same severity of charge. Also, Felix Sater flipped on Trump months ago, but that was for money-laundering.

Re; the IC, yes, of course the IC had been monitoring Trump. The IC monitors all suspected Russian assets, particularly those who are running for president, and his gang of enablers.

You’re clearly not a poker player. Just because Mueller isn’t playing his hand publicly doesn’t mean anything. The Papadopolous indictment was intended to stir the pot, get the fish attacking one another, creating a panic to see who can flip first. He’s a federal prosecutor, after all, and they have a 93% conviction rate. His team are a group of legal all-stars. Your dismissal of their tactics means nothing.

• @jammyjaybird Wait and see. I suspect we will both be disappointed with the outcome. And no, I am not a poker player. If I make a bet with you, one thing you can be sure of ahead of time is I already know the outcome. The two wings of the giant predatory bird that is DC will trade a few pawns, maybe even sacrifice a bishop or a knight. But the royalty will protect itself. They always do. And if you think Trump or the Clintons aren’t royalty, think again. We just don’t call them that nowadays, but the game remains the same.

• Rep. Mark Meadows

I viewed the classified report from House Intel relating to the FBI, FISA abuses, the infamous Russian dossier, and so-called “Russian collusion.” What I saw is absolutely shocking.

This report needs to be released–now. Americans deserve the truth. #ReleaseTheMemo

Rep. Steve King

I have read the memo. The sickening reality has set in. I no longer hold out hope there is an innocent explanation for the information the public has seen. I have long said it is worse than Watergate. It was #neverTrump & #alwaysHillary. #releasethememo

Rep. Matt Gaetz

“I think that this will not end just with firings. I believe there are people who will go to jail. You don’t get to try to undermine our country, undermine our elections and then simply get fired.” #ReleaseTheMemo #ReleaseTheDocuments

Rep. Ron DeSantis

The classified report compiled by House Intelligence is deeply troubling and raises serious questions about the upper echelon of the Obama DOJ and Comey FBI as it relates to the so-called collusion investigation.

• @ainigmaris-thales It was Barzini all along.

• @bem How long before Jammy comes along and complains that my comments are “off-topic”?

• @ainigmaris-thales Speaking of “off topic”, the DOJ apparently has a really hard time keeping track of documents: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/01/wth-deep-state-doj-claims-glitch-blame-missing-clinton-lynch-tarmac-meeting-docs/

• @ainigmaris-thales I don’t normally reply to you, but those four politicians you’ve quoted – particularly King and Gaetz – are total pieces of shit. Not because they’re GOP, but because they’re just pieces of shit. As is Devin Nunes, who has lost all credibility with the outside world after his shenanigans earlier last year.

Interesting also to see you carrying water for Russians. Check out what Business Insider has to say about this so-called “movement” of the last 24 hours:

http://www.businessinsider.com/release-the-memo-campaign-russia-linked-twitter-accounts-2018-1

That’s Business Insider, which isn’t political. Ya know, if I were you, I’d stick to analyzing what Mueller’s team is doing. Not these fig leafs that the compromised GOP House reps are frantically trying to place over their own dicks.

• @jammyjaybird Where was I carrying water for Russians? All I did was quote a few members of the House of Representatives and their statements about a Committee Report. Are you suggesting that these Reps are Russian agents?

• @ainigmaris-thales een RAH-sha, water carries YOU!

• Some numbers on Russian Twitter disinformation during the 2016 election:

“Through our supplemental analysis, we have identified 13,512 additional accounts, for a total of 50,258 automated accounts that we identified as Russian-linked and Tweeting election-related content during the election period… Consistent with our commitment to transparency, we are emailing notifications to 677,775 people in the United States who followed one of these accounts or retweeted or liked a Tweet from these accounts during the election period.”

That’s 50,000 fake Russian accounts pushing divisive propaganda. Nearly 700,000 U.S. citizens followed, retweeted, or liked these accounts.

For perspective, Trump won Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio by a grand total of only 77,000 votes.

https://blog.twitter.com/official/en_us/topics/company/2018/2016-election-update.html

tl;dr We allowed Russia propaganda on Twitter to partly determine the outcome of our federal elections.

• It will be interesting to see the next iteration of such actions. Assuming it is discovered at all.

• @ainigmaris-thales It should be obvious to even the casual observer that ALL Republicrats are Russian agents (sarc). It’s obvious to Jammy, anyway. And those of us that fall into the libertarian / classical liberal / anarcho-capitalist camp are just as suspect. Vee are all Rah-shun agents now!

“That’s 50,000 fake Russian accounts pushing divisive propaganda. Nearly 700,000 U.S. citizens followed, retweeted, or liked these accounts.” If this is even true, all I can say is freedom of speech is a real bitch. But since we now know that the management at Twatter is totally and completely unbiased…there is no way they’d try to cover for the DNC and their operatives in the Deep State®. Yeah. Right.

• And now this: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/21/whoops-fbi-loses-five-months-worth-texts-fbi-agents-peter-strzok-lisa-page/

So the FBI is so incompetent it just loses crucial evidence of potential wrongdoing by their own high ranking personnel and we’re supposed to believe anything else they have to say? Right. And Strzok was cheating on his wife with Lisa Page, so we know he has to be trustworthy, right? Their remaining text messages prove they were card carrying Demoplicans who also despised Bernie Sanders. Notice that Strzok also questioned the Hildebeast without putting her under oath. Hmmm.

But wait, there’s more. Using Jammy left-tard logic on this, Strzok sounds suspiciously like a Rah-shun surname to me. So he ees Rah-shun double agent sent to protect Rosatom / Uranium One deal and works to undermine Magnitsky act een spare time, no? But gets caught uploading Lisa Page’s software onto hees Rah-shun hard drive! Ees too funny, comrade!

• @jammyjaybird blathering your support for one candidate or another does not constitute tampering with an election. Twitter, Fartbook, et al. are private, global entities who can say whatever they want. NO ONE is changing their vote based on them any more than on a BS commercial or poster.

• @bem Correct that it wasn’t election tampering (AFAWK). But Russia did commit influence tampering, using social media tools that barely existed four years earlier, from the comfort of their own chairs at IRA and RU. We’ll never be able to quantify how many, but these actions certainly changed the votes of more than a few U.S. citizens.

I just put it up as one example of the multi-pronged cyberoffensive that Russia is waging upon our country right now, as we speak.

• @jammyjaybird Do you have any evidence as to which candidate these Russian Twitter bots promoted? Because, as I seem to recall, Facebook itself announced that most of the Russian ads that were placed on it were actually in support of Hillary. Although I might be wrong.

Looks like your connection to A Kings Castle was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.