Supernatural Experiences

• I once had our piano playing, (random keys) it might have been the cat,but it kept going all night, I just froze, I couldn’t move, I was too scared to check if it was the cat or something else, I couldn’t sleep with the door open after that. I had a friend that told me a lot about having demons in his dreams, and his house was supposedly haunted, with stuff randomly thrown off tables. Never slept over at his house. Can’t say if it’s real or just an illusion, but op have you ever tried praying when in those situations? Just curious.

• administrators

@paul I’ve been listening to Terrance Popp on Youtube who has also had a few encounters with haunted areas. He seems to think most of the time the spirits are harmless and are either going about doing their own thing or being mischievous, not malevolent. His approach was to loudly and authoritatively proclaim to knock it off, more or less. Be respectful, but firm. He said after he did that, the supernatural activity usually quieted down.

• @jak I tried the “hey guys knock it off” approach. It never quieted down.

• administrators

@jammyjaybird Maybe you gotta be in the military for it to work. Heh.

• When we lived in St Louis in the early 90s we lived in a house where a couple of murders had taken place, unbeknownst to us at the time. My mom woke up one night to see someone with a bloody head standing in the corner of their bedroom. My younger brother saw a “man” follow me into the bathroom in the middle of the night.

• @jammyjaybird This requires faith, but it works. Anoint your house with oil (olive oil) and pray out loud to bind down and cast out all evil and malevolent spirits in Yeshua’s precious name. If you let people in who are harboring unclean spirits or demons, you will have to do this again. I have actually seen someone who had a lot of spiritual issues (a witch in fact) that could not cross my doorway until I officially invited her in. She walked into my living room, which was dark by comparison to the daylight outside she’d just come from and exclaimed “It’s so bright in here! I can hardly see!” I realized what was happening and it honestly makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. When she left, she left spiritual residue behind. My wife starting feeling a presence in the house. We had creaks and cracking noises going on. I anointed the house again, prayed over it and all that cleared.

• administrators

@boothe Does burning sage have any effect? I thought priests did that as well.

• @boothe Oh I’ve got stories like that, too. Getting chills just thinking about them.

We had a woman come to our church several years ago who was a big-time drug addict. During the preaching she comes to the front and begins to “pray”. My dad, the pastor, laid hands on her and she made her hands into claws and leaped at him. Several women intercepted her and were trying to pray with her but she was fighting them so they asked for our assistance. My brother and I, along with another man in the church, laid hands on her.

She fell to the ground and started slithering like a snake under the pews. We puled her out and tried praying with her, but she didn’t want deliverance so after about 20 minutes of this we dumped her out of the front doors. As soon as she hit the ground she blinked and looked around like she didn’t know where she was. To this day she doesn’t remember this.

Point being, if someone is possessed (which is real), they have to want deliverance or you’re just wasting your time.

• @jak I have never tried anything other than anointing with oil. I suppose it is a “ritual”, but I believe it gives your faith a physical aspect which reinforces the spiritual combat you are engaged in. That’s probably the same thing with burning sage.

• @boothe I highly recommend Ayahuasca. Very spiritual.

• @jak I tried sage too, but that didn’t work either. Maybe I should’ve looked for that extra-strength military sage.

• @jammyjaybird Salt.

Across all your doorways, in a line.
    In a little cup next to where you work and another next to where you sleep.

On this subject, I will speak no more.

• @ainigmaris-thales All about the vision quest, eh? Thanks anyway. I have already seen too much stuff in physical reality I can’t un-see. I don’t need to see anything from the “other side”, at least not until I get there. But I appreciate the tip…

• @consolationofphilosophy I’ve found that having the Spirit of God living in me banishes all the fears and apprehensions. When I was a lad I was terrified of the night and unclean spirits, and I’ve had times since where the fear returned. I’ve found that immersing myself in Godly, spiritual things banishes all fear. Spirits can’t touch you if you’re protected by the Ultimate Spirit

• @jumpnjive Exactly! It’s not the rituals themselves or oil or sage or anything else. It’s your Faith. The rituals are merely a physical reinforcement, a way to manifest that Faith.

• @boothe Personally, I think they are just scared of Buffy’s keen fashion sense.

• @boothe It sounds corny, but I’ve read The Dresden Files series. It’s about a wizard who is a detective. He talks about Faith giving objects Power, and he talks about using tools to help him focus his power. It’s a parallel to real life. These things are faith in action, which brings power.

• @jak praying helps me a lot, I never experienced something like OP, but never the less praying always kept me safe.

• @jumpnjive how did you find out about the murders? Any more stories?

• administrators

@jumpnjive This is very true. I’ve prayed for supernatural protection before venturing into places where I knew there was an air of malevolence. The Holy Spirit indwelling you provides natural protection, but sometimes you are much more aware of it than normal and a strong presence of malevolence will cause an amount of fear.

Looks like your connection to A Kings Castle was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.