Global warming

• More on fictional sea level scare mongering, from ten years ago:

But if there is one scientist who knows more about sea levels than anyone else in the world it is the Swedish geologist and physicist Nils-Axel Mörner, formerly chairman of the INQUA International Commission on Sea Level Change. And the uncompromising verdict of Dr Mörner, who for 35 years has been using every known scientific method to study sea levels all over the globe, is that all this talk about the sea rising is nothing but a colossal scare story.
    _
    Despite fluctuations down as well as up, “the sea is not rising,” he says. “It hasn’t risen in 50 years.” If there is any rise this century it will “not be more than 10cm (four inches), with an uncertainty of plus or minus 10cm”. And quite apart from examining the hard evidence, he says, the elementary laws of physics (latent heat needed to melt ice) tell us that the apocalypse conjured up by Al Gore and Co could not possibly come about.
    _
    The reason why Dr Mörner, formerly a Stockholm professor, is so certain that these claims about sea level rise are 100 per cent wrong is that they are all based on computer model predictions, whereas his findings are based on “going into the field to observe what is actually happening in the real world”.

Watching the tide roll in must scare the bejeesus out of people like @jammyjaybird. You never know when it will just keep coming and never stop, huh? The sky is falling! The sky is falling! = The tide is rising! The tide is rising! OMG! XD

Have you stopped using all fossil fuels and anything that depended upon their manufacture, Rimshot? Are you only taking sailboats to visit your leftist fellow travelers over in Europe? Have you stopped riding in IC vehicles? Is all your energy coming from “renewable” sources (Hint: if you use any electricity from the grid, it’s always a mix with the majority of it coming from coal, nuclear and natural gas). Until you’re 100% energy “clean” then don’t lecture the rest of us Mr. Hypocrite. Especially those of us who actually plant trees, work on the regulatory side of emissions controls and do everything we can to conserve energy. When it comes to real environmentalism and practical solutions you and your eco-Marxist ilk are long on talk and short on action, as usual.

• SEPTEMBER 20, 2019: MASSIVE CLIMATE STRIKE TODAY

All around the world, people are taking to the streets…
    1.4 million in Germany.
    100,000 in London alone.
    100,000 in Australia.
    Dublin.
    Brussels.
    Etc etc etc.

Will there be any comment from the Trump administration?
    No. Why?
    Because:
    -A coal lobbyist runs the EPA
    -An oil lobbyist runs the DOI
    -A BP oil attorney is the nation’s top environmental lawyer
    -An agribusiness and chemical industry insider runs Agriculture
    -A Monsanto exec runs US Fish & Wildlife

But that’s okay. The US is only one nation, and this administration is short-timers.
    The issue is bigger than that.

• Oceanographer and meteorologist, Dr. Mototaka Nakamura has come out and clearly stated that the global warming hypothesis is unproven and that the mainstream climate community’s claims are fraudulent. This is why the eco-Marxists have had to trot out the autistic daughter of fanatical European Climate Cultists (and they’re actors too!) trying to shame us into compliance with their political agenda. Sorry Greta, but feelings from a high functioning sperg don’t equal facts. The truth will ultimately prevail and the Climate Cult will be the ones suffering a mass extinction event. Check this out: https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/doomed-planet/2019/09/a-climate-modeller-spills-the-beans/

• So you don’t think Greta Thunberg is a budding Marxist? How about this cute little tidbit:

0_1569431972553_IMG_20190925_112738.jpg

• Now about that “scientific” consensus: A consensus is the opinion of the majority of a group. It is a belief. Beliefs are not scientific. But what if there were another group of highly qualified scientists that didn’t agree with “The Consensus”? What if there were over 31,000 scientists and of those over 9,000 with doctorates who not only disagree with the Climate Cultists, but actually signed a petition against them? Well damn! They have done just that. How come our boy Rimshot, the (cough) “towering paragon of neutrality” he is, didn’t bother to tell us about this: http://www.petitionproject.org/index.php

• RISING SEA LEVELS WILL MAKE IT HARDER TO FLUSH TOILETS IN COASTAL CITIES

According to a new UN report.
    Why?
    Because it’s disrupting septic systems.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/27/health/septic-climate-change-miami-eprise/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=2019-09-27T13%3A04%3A12&utm_term=link&utm_source=twCNN

• @jammyjaybird yea yea rising sea levels . Yet the Uber wealthy, such as Obama , still buying and holding on to their beachfront property

• Meanwhile over at the eco-Marxists’ camp, the experts agree that the (cough) “science” is settled:

0_1569676396801_experts.jpg

• @jammyjaybird said in Global warming:

RISING SEA LEVELS WILL MAKE IT HARDER TO FLUSH TOILETS IN COASTAL CITIES

According to a new UN report.
    Why?
    Because it’s disrupting septic systems.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/27/health/septic-climate-change-miami-eprise/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=2019-09-27T13%3A04%3A12&utm_term=link&utm_source=twCNN

Communist Newspeak Network? The UN? Sea level rise my ass! It’s too many people building house upon house so they can enjoy the recreation and lucrative business opportunities of the coast lines. I have as much sympathy for them as I do folks who build on sand dunes and then whine when a hurricane washes their beach cottages out to sea. I moved away from the coast 20 years ago due to the influx of people because I could see what was coming. And it wasn’t “rising sea levels”. It was higher taxes, more congestion and oppressive gun-vermin policies. This “problem” could be easily solved by the government mandating composting toilets and taxing conventional toilets. The additional expense and reduction of Liberty (i.e. gun-vermin oppression) would cause many people to move away to lower cost areas. Problem solved. Not that I approve of this plan mind you, it’s merely an observation. You’re really scraping the bottom of the eco-Marxist septic tank with this “shit”, Rimshot! XD XD XD

• The Carbon Dioxide hoax explained in such a way even an eco-Marxist could understand it (if they wanted to, but they don’t):

0_1570041978841_IMG_20191002_130606.jpg

• CLIMATE DENIERS EXPLAINED: THE AGE GAP AND RACE GAP

Here’s an excellent article that explains why old white guys are nearly the only people in America who deny the fact of anthropogenic climate change.

https://thebulletin.org/2019/03/a-generation-gap-when-it-comes-to-climate-change/

It’s from 2016. And the Statler and Waldorf photo that accompanies the piece is perfect, just perfect.

Let me quote a few grafs from the piece.
    Here’s one:

The ethnicity gap (and the age gap) can likely be explained in part by certain groups’ general preferences for maintaining the status quo. Social scientists have identified what they’ve termed the “white male effect,” describing the fact that white males tend to be less concerned about various sources of risk than minorities and women. Scientists have speculated that this effect largely stems from the fact that mitigating these risks could result in restrictions on markets, commerce, and industry that have historically tended to disproportionately benefit white males. In other words, if you are already doing well from the system, you’re less inclined to change it—no matter how much the ice melts and the oceans rise.

The white male effect. Being one myself, I’m aware of it.

Here’s another:

In fact, their research found that conservative white males who express the highest confidence in their opinions about climate science and risks are the most wrong, and in the most severe denial. McCright and Dunlap concluded that “climate change denial is a form of identity-protective cognition, reflecting a system-justifying tendency.”

That’s so important, I’m going to copy it again, in bold.
    their research found that conservative white males who express the highest confidence in their opinions about climate science and risks are the most wrong, and in the most severe denial.

And this:
    At the same time, a 2015 paper found that the Republican Party stands alone as the only major political party in the world that rejects the need to address climate change.

The modern GOP is the only major political party in the world that rejects the need to address climate change.
    Un-fucking-believable.

The conclusion shows no mercy:
    Climate denial caters to a small and dwindling population of old, white, conservative, American men.

Yep. That’s abundantly clear.
    That’s why for all of Boothe’s lies, obfuscation, and misinterpretation…
    he’s irrelevant.
    He’s a 60-yr-old rural white male gun nut who never went to college.
    He’s the very last person on earth, statistically speaking, who will be willing to address the role of humans in climate change.

His children are probably already laughing at him.
    If not, his grandchildren certainly will be.

His children are probably already laughing at him.
    If not, his grandchildren certainly will be.

Nope. My sons are laughing at you and your ilk. You obviously have no grasp of the the first two laws of thermodynamics. You won’t even accept the IPCC’s original truth in advertising that climate is complex and chaotic, therefore unpredictable. You think Greta Thunberg is some kind of oracle when she makes the ridiculous claim that she can actually see carbon dioxide in the air!

No, you’re an affluent white boy who feels guilty about his wealth and more particularly his jet borne jaunts to Europe and other places. So the answer to assuage your guilty conscience is to restrict everyone else’s freedom. You may have a college degree, but that doesn’t prove you’re intelligent. Even when I have attempted to explain it to you in the simplest terms, like the graphic above does, you don’t get it, because you don’t want to. Carbon dioxide going from 3 molecules per 10,000 molecules of air to 4 molecules per 10,000 is not the culprit. Even it were, how’s a “carbon tax” going to solve that? It won’t. China and India are going to keep right on emitting CO2 in increasing quantities. Here in the United States we have already reduced our CO2 output.

You and your ilk like to talk a lot of shit, but you’re not out actually doing something positive like planting trees. New tree growth actually sequesters CO2, but you obviously have no comprehension of that. So just go right ahead and attempt your Saul Alinsky tactics. They won’t work on me. But it is highly entertaining watching you try.

• @boothe said in Global warming:

Nope. My sons are laughing at you and your ilk. You obviously have no grasp of the the first two laws of thermodynamics. You won’t even accept the IPCC’s original truth in advertising that climate is complex and chaotic, therefore unpredictable. You think Greta Thunberg is some kind of oracle when she makes the ridiculous claim that she can actually see carbon dioxide in the air!
    No, you’re an affluent white boy who feels guilty about his wealth and more particularly his jet borne jaunts to Europe and other places. So the answer to assuage your guilty conscience is to restrict everyone else’s freedom. You may have a college degree, but that doesn’t prove you’re intelligent. Even when I have attempted to explain it to you in the simplest terms, like the graphic above does, you don’t get it, because you don’t want to. Carbon dioxide going from 3 molecules per 10,000 molecules of air to 4 molecules per 10,000 is not the culprit. Even it were, how’s a “carbon tax” going to solve that? It won’t. China and India are going to keep right on emitting CO2 in increasing quantities. Here in the United States we have already reduced our CO2 output.
    You and your ilk like to talk a lot of shit, but you’re not out actually doing something positive like planting trees. New tree growth actually sequesters CO2, but you obviously have no comprehension of that. But you just go right ahead and attempt your Saul Alinsky tactics. They won’t work on me. But it is highly entertaining watching you try.

Breaking news: Old white male denies the existence of the old white male effect.
    Completely unsurprising.

Breaking news: Old white male denies the existence of the old white male effect.
    Completely unsurprising.

Just more ad hominem from a younger white male who’s ashamed of his degree, ashamed of his career and is afraid of everything from his fellow countrymen being armed to a trace gas that plants rely on for their very existence. This is someone who is afraid of Liberty itself and especially those of us who hold it dear. Watch these people carefully. Not only do they lie, but they intend to use whatever means necessary to fundamentally transform this nation. That means turn it into a dictatorship formed under their Marxist brand of mob rule. Jammy’s right about one thing, I won’t have to put up with this world much longer. I’ll be gone, so it won’t matter to me at that point. But for those of you who will be here, once you’ve lost what’s left of your freedom, you’ll play hell getting it back. Guard it jealously.

One key front they’re attacking your Liberty on is carbon dioxide. You’ll notice that the usual suspects aren’t attacking China or India, the two biggest CO2 emitters and their emissions continue to increase (along with real air and water pollution typical of developing nations). And you’ll also notice that @jammyjaybird tries to deflect from the facts that those are the two largest CO2 emitters (not that I see that as a problem mind you) and that the United States leads the way in reducing CO2 emissions by attacking old white men. No matter what you do, no matter what you give up for these people, it will never be enough. It’s long past time to fight back against this insanity, especially when it’s coming from unhinged Marxists who want to control every aspect of your lives, because they think they’re so smart. Yet they don’t have the mental capacity to understand that although CO2 does absorb IR, it reradiates it immediately at a net energy loss with the majority of that energy going back into space! It’s either that or they are knowingly and intentionally promoting lies under the guise of science to control your life. You decide.

• When your data and your science are correct you don’t have to adjust long standing temperature records to make them match your lies…er…computer models. Here it is, again: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/11395516/The-fiddling-with-temperature-data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

• If you’re still buying any of the Climate Cultists’ tripe, then watch this: https://realclimatescience.com/2019/09/new-video-my-gift-to-climate-alarmists/

• WORSE THAN PREDICTED

A report out today in Nature finds that

1. we’ve been underestimating the effects of climate-change-related flooding
    2. major cities across the globe will be inundated and essentially unlivable by 2050.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-12808-z

WORSE THAN PREDICTED

A report out today in Nature finds that

1. we’ve been underestimating the effects of climate-change-related flooding
    2. major cities across the globe will be inundated and essentially unlivable by 2050.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-12808-z

Well I guess that will take care of the over population problem that you Leftists have been whining about since…well as long as I can remember. The influx from the flooded cities will lead to large scale war. The ensuing massive death rate will lead to disease. That coupled with famine will lead to a mass Homo Sapiens extinction event. Problem solved! What are you people whining about? XD

• The U.S. is now officially withdrawing from the Paris climate accord. It was nothing more than an international wealth redistribution scheme that hamstrung our economy while giving China, India and other “developing nations” a pass. I don’t agree with him on various issues, but I’m glad that Orange Man Bad can see this was just one more economic attack against us and is taking steps to put a stop to it. I’m sure we’ll hear the usual wailing, moaning and gnashing of teeth from the Left: “The fact that the Paris deal hamstrings the United States while empowering some of the world’s top-polluting countries should dispel any doubt as to why foreign lobbyists wish to keep our magnificent country tied up and bound by this agreement,” Trump argued.

• @boothe said in Global warming:

The U.S. is now officially withdrawing from the Paris climate accord. It was nothing more than an international wealth redistribution scheme that hamstrung our economy while giving China, India and other “developing nations” a pass. I don’t agree with him on various issues, but I’m glad that Orange Man Bad can see this was just one more economic attack against us and is taking steps to put a stop to it. I’m sure we’ll hear the usual wailing, moaning and gnashing of teeth from the Left: “The fact that the Paris deal hamstrings the United States while empowering some of the world’s top-polluting countries should dispel any doubt as to why foreign lobbyists wish to keep our magnificent country tied up and bound by this agreement,” Trump argued.

I have friends who work in renewables here in the U.S.
    Two years ago, when this retreat was announced, I asked them their thoughts.
    They just shrugged their shoulders. “Our company is growing with or without the U.S. federal government,” one engineer said.
    “It doesn’t really matter too much for our plans,” said another.
    The Paris agreement is largely symbolic.
    Plus, U.S. state and local municipalities are continuing to make changes towards a more renewable future.
    The idiotic whims of the narcissistic man-child sitting atop the executive branch of the federal govt is irrelevant.

Looks like your connection to A Kings Castle was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.