2nd Amendment Discussion

• I suggest watching Steven Crowder’s “Change my Mind”. The most effective argument he brought to bear was when he isolated the leftist’s empathetic ideals and called them out on the hypocrisy they had of being less empathetic to gun owners who had been saved by guns.

• administrators

@uwotm8 I’ve seen that video pop up on my suggested youtube list, but haven’t watched it. I dismissed it as just some clickbaitey material. Will give it a listen.

• He was actually very comprehensive in his approach and you can often pinpoint the moments at which the leftists (who always came in on the attack) realized they were underprepared and full of shit.

• It’s as cold as they come – impossible to trace, so you don’t worry about prints, Mike. I put a
    special tape on the trigger, and the butt. Here, try it… 0_1523644805340_gunn.jpg

• Here’s a taste of what the gun control crowd really wants. Just a taste mind you, their ultimate goal is repeal of the Second Amendment, confiscation and destruction of your guns just like they did in Australia. What they are proposing in Minnesota will make California gun laws look good by comparison: http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/03/01/incredible-anti-gun-bill-introduced-mn/

• administrators

@boothe Yikes. Talk about overbearing requirements just to practice your 2nd amendment right. God forbid that actually passes.

• @jak It’s highly unlikely that it will…at least for now. But it does reveal what the left means when they say “reasonable gun safety laws”. As @jammyjaybird has proven time and again on this forum they will make things up, cite questionable sources as “facts”, resort to character assassination and outright lie to achieve their ends. That’s what makes the leftists so dangerous; they have no morals and will do whatever they believe is necessary to get what they want; our rights be damned! Make no mistake, they want to take away our guns very badly. And after that…

0_1524159430440_internment sign.jpg

• administrators

• @jak It’s funny how accurate and unbiased studies on civilian firearms ownership and usage contradict the gun control crowd’s talking points consistently. Back in the early eighties James Wright and Peter Rossi completed a study on incarcerated felons funded by us (the taxpayers) through a grant from the National Institute of Justice of the U.S. Justice Department. The study is titled: “Armed and Considered Dangerous: A Survey of Felons and Their Firearms” (https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Photocopy/97099NCJRS.pdf). IIRC, Sen. Teddy “birth control by drowning” Kennedy pushed for this study to be done. The results were so contrary to the proof he needed to more push gun control laws that he had the final report “sanitized” as best he could, but they still ended up trying to bury it.

Wright and Rossi interviewed 1,874 hardened felons incarcerated in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada and Oklahoma. One key conclusion was that armed predators are considerably more afraid of being shot by an armed citizen than they are of being apprehended by the police. And more than a few reported having encountered an armed victim and were either run off, shot at, actually got shot and or were apprehended by their intended targets. The NRA has a good article on the study right here that breaks it down: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20030909/the-armed-criminal-in-america

• administrators

@boothe You don’t even need to look at studies if you think about it at a basic, common sense level:

Which would scare you more?

1. Walking into a stranger’s house uncertain of whether someone is waiting in there with a gun ready to shoot without warning.
    2. Being confronted by the police and given the opportunity to surrender (often multiple times), before they employ even non-lethal force.

• @jak You are applying common sense to this argument (and I agree with you of course). But the anti-gun zealots have no interest in logic, reason or common sense. The leadership are tyrants and they want their intended subjects disarmed through whatever means are necessary and effective. Their foot soldiers (the one’s that aren’t paid shills, bused to the latest protest or offered 15 minutes of fame) are true believers. Taking away our guns “for the children” is akin to a religious conviction. Where you and I can look at this situation as you have described it and realize the net benefit of private firearms ownership, the left looks at an NRA member and sees Satan. As others have pointed out, if the 100 million plus law abiding U.S. gun owners with over 300 million guns and trillions of rounds of ammunition were really the problem, we would know it immediately.

• Would existing gun laws have prevented the Waffle House shooting if they had been followed? Of course they would: https://www.westernjournal.com/if-current-laws-had-been-followed-there-would-have-been-no-waffle-house-shooting/

• administrators

@boothe The father should be charged with a criminal negligence or something to that effect. The police took the guns from the kid because he was deemed mentally unfit to possess them and the father asks if he can take them. Then the idiot turns right back around and gives the kid his guns back!

• @jak My thoughts exactly. You can’t tell me that his father didn’t know he was a mental case. Once again, the laws are in place to prevent this sort of thing already. But they have to be followed. You can have the strictest gun laws in the world, such as France does. But the determined criminal(s) will acquire guns one way or the other as the Paris mass shootings prove. And if they can’t or won’t be bothered to acquire a gun, they will simply rent a van and run over people.

• Thanks David “Camera” Hogg! You and your fellow travelers need to keep up the good work on the astro-turf campaign of #MarchForOurLies. It’s working! Just not the way you intended: http://americanlookout.com/liberal-backfire-nra-breaks-15-year-fundraising-record/

• Okay, enough anti-Jamstering on “that other thread”. But he did lead me to a “progressive” site that those of us in the gun rights community need to be aware of: https://thinkprogress.org/weve-gotten-under-the-nras-skin-84dfb449c404/ I guess they think bashing the NRA is a good idea. And so do I. Even Time (a Jamster approved “source”) saw the writing on the wall, even though they tried to downplay it: http://time.com/5176471/national-rifle-association-membership-florida-shooting/ So to all you leftists out there: You’re doing more for the gun rights movement and gun sales than Obama did! And that’s amazing! Before it’s over with it won’t be “a chicken in every pot”, it may end up “an AR-15 in every home”. Keep up the good work!

• @boothe Oklahoma is looking more like a conservative friendly place.
    Oklahoma House passes ‘Constitutional Carry’ gun bill - Fox News

• They join us (Missouri) and Kansas in that regard. Good deal! There will be more…

• @boothe the only downside to oklahoma is the shit weather due to it being in like a convergence area where warm,wet,and dry air meet. State averages 62 tornadoes per year.

• @iattacku We have similar weather here too. When we first moved here from the East Coast the locals warned us about tornados. I had to laugh. I would respond with “Okay, but where I’m from we had hurricanes, which often brought…tornados.” No matter where you go there’s always going to be some kind of weather to complain about. The important thing to me though is individual liberty and that starts with the right to defend ourselves, our loved ones, our state and ultimately our nation. With 10% less government, lower overall taxes and more freedom than the coastal state I moved from, I can put up with a bit of flaky weather. What I can’t put up with are flaky people who want to punish me for the crimes of others, take my property and want to silence me when I disagree with them. My privately held firearms ensure that those people remain in awe of me.

I once asked a local deputy what he would do if he and his coworkers were issued orders to confiscate our firearms. He responded, “Nothing.” I asked him why. He said “Because folks around here know where we live.” Indeed! Smart man. The Second Amendment is the final check and balance in this Constitutional Republic and when those who are charged with enforcing the law, the state’s foot soldiers, understand that if they become tyrannical it can cost them dearly, they will desist from tyranny. And that is always a good thing.

Looks like your connection to A Kings Castle was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.